APHPN DELTA STATE
APHPN DELTA STATE BRANCH MEDICAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME IN EBU COMMUNITY, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA
APHPN Delta State Branch in collaboration with JCI Asaba Chapter and Net Pharmacy had an advocacy and social mobilization visit to Ebu community on 26th August 2021 to sensitize them on an upcoming medical outreach.
The free medical outreach which was very successful was held on 1st September, 2021. The community was very happy with our presence. The highlight of the programme was the formal visit to His Royal Highness, the King of Ebu Community, who was particularly elated to have us around.
The following medical/health interventions were carried out:
- Screening for hypertension, diabetes mellitus, malaria, retroviral disease and obesity/undernutrition.
- Health education/counselling.
- Deworming of under-five children.
- Distribution of long lasting insecticide treated bed nets (LLITNs).
- General consultation and treatment of minor ailments.
A total of 96 patients were seen made up of 31 (32.3%) males and 65 (67.7%) females. Adult constituted 58 (60.4%) while children 38 (39.6%).
Dr. Ibobo Mike Enemuwe
Chairman, APHPN Delta State Branch